Thursday, November 29, 2018

Nuisance Calls!

11/29/2018

I get these annoying calls every day. You probably do too. The only thing that makes them if tiny bit less annoying, is that I have a wireless phone on the table near my chair.

Lately, I have offered knee and back braces multiple times, and I only have one back and two knees, none of which requires a brace.

Callers who tell me, up front, that is not a sales call (ha) and then a person or machine begins to ask me for money for this charity or that one. It's not that I'm opposed to giving to charities, but when I do, I want to decide where my money goes.

This morning, while did a short "cat nap", and before 10:00, somebody called to again offer me a brace or two. How many braces do these companies think I need? I don't want to be rude, but I have finally learned the art of simply hanging up. And, as I write this, I just received a call telling me that I could have braces!

One call that I find particularly annoying, is the won't you please distribute packets to my neighbors for breast cancer. I have a lot of empathy for these women, and in the past, I have done the collecting thing, but no longer. It would be easier to just write the fund a check, as opposed to mailing out, or knocking on doors, looking for money. 

And, the call that tells me that there's nothing wrong with my credit, BUT.... I never bother to listen to the ...., I simply hang up. A bit rude I know, but to be fair, I hang up before the caller can start on their spiel. I just don't want to waste the caller's time or my own. And, I really do appreciate that these callers get paid to call, and probably get "incentive" pay for a customer who
"bites". 


And, don't get me started on companies who ring my doorbell. First off, the doorbell starts Bella to "announce" her presence. Then, the challenge is to only open the door a "wee" bit, so that the girls don't dash outside. Apparently, I need new windows (nope), new roof (nope), pave my driveway (nope), clean the cutters (nope), trim our trees (again nope). 

I had a realtor cold calling me once. She wanted to know if I was thinking about selling the house. I told her that we had lived here for 32 years, and intended to stick around 32 more! Actually, at our age, that means we'd be around 100 or so. It's possible, that in the years to come, we MIGHT want to find a smaller house, with a master bedroom on the first floor. And, I would love to own a house with a deck or porch on the backside of the house. These are, my wishes only.

When we go out to Andrew's house, he has a lovely deck/porch or whatever on the back of the house, it has a roof and overlooks the backyard. It's very peaceful out there, and since his house isn't near anybody else, or have much road noise, it's a good place to spend time. 


 Image result for cartoon picture of telemarketers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...