Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Turkey Is Lurking

11/21/2018

It's the day before Thanksgiving, where everyone over eats, and then watches football. Ugh. Most women, okay maybe just this woman, doesn't want to watch a football game. I guess the women who don't want to watch a game, will have to do something else. That something else is, after the dishes are washed! Personally, I'd be okay with girl "chat". 

The food that Jeff and I are bringing is quite simple: the makings for gravy, carrot and pineapple salad, and pecan pie and cool whip. Grandma used to make this particular dish for all holidays. Not only is it tasty, but contains fewer calories.

At this point in time, both my office and living room are all messed up. "Santa's helper" is throwing all the empty Amazon boxes in the dining room, along with gifts that I've received that need to be wrapped. Double ugh about wrapping. What's wrong with a little packing tape and a magic marker to identify the recipient. It's not that I don't have time to wrap, I'm simply not a very good wrapper.  The word "not actually doesn't begin to describe how terrible my wrapping is. I like the "hunt"and don't really want to bother wrapping when packing tape and a magic marker does to the job!!

Ada comes today and she will get a nice break from cleaning. Both my office and living room are an absolute mess. The mess will continue until I have received the remaining packages, AND get those packages WRAPPED somehow.

I am currently on a high protein diet. I eat breakfast, drink protein water during the day and then have a small dinner. Unfortunately, I have no protein water in the house. I've drank the whole bottle. While I know you're supposed to drink the water as is, I prefer to add some ice cubes and a bit of water to my glass. I know this means that I'm
not getting all the proteins contained in the bottle, but the addition of these other things, makes the water tolerable. 

So, that Jeff and I don't forget to bring something or the other tomorrow, I've made us a list of things to bring and taped it to the back door. This time, we're also going to bring one of our small gates to keep the girls from going upstairs. If, one or both of them have an accident in the house, at least we'll know where the puddle is. I've been using piddle pads around the house, and the moisture doesn't seep to the floor. Daisy does use them, and when I think the pads are "full" if you will, I pop them in the washing machine. Very easy.

Jeff and I have been binge watching Dynasty. Watching this family's drama, makes our lives uncomplicated.

Time to close and get a few things done.

Happy Wednesday and for most of you, happy the rest of the week off.

P
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...