Thursday, November 8, 2018

Thursday Thoughts!

11/9/2018

With the help of Stacey (best daughter-in-law ever,  Benjamin on decorating and Ada's cleaning, I think I'm ready for Jeff's half-brother to comeand stay with us for a few days.

I am confident that your spare bedrooms, are well, spare, and not used for a dumping area, for things (practically all), that you/I don't want to deal with now - or never. You can avoid a lot of things if said things are behind a closed door! At least I can, until the moment of truth, in the form of company, gets my rear in gear.  This morning so far, has not shown any evidence in getting much of anything in gear!

My email box is currently filled with my gift orders and their status on shipping. I wonder if they have an equivalent of AAA, for people who like to shop. Interestingly, I'm not talking so much about buying for me. But oh boy, do I look forward to the "hunt" for the perfect gift(s) for my family. Wrapping those gifts - not so much! My biggest problem (and I know it's not the only one I have), is that once the gifts arrive, I want to give them to the recipient NOW. Maybe, if I shopped like a normal person, starting only in December, some of the things I intend to buy might NOT be available. My whole family knows that I am absolutely UNABLE to wait until December.

And, to make things easier on family buying for me, I give out a list of things I would like, the appropriate size, and where to get those items. I guess I've reached the age where I no longer expect surprises. Love surprises? Absolutely. Who doesn't? Looking at the whole picture, if I was to admit the truth, then the truth would be that I don't really NEED much of anything. Want things? You bet. I am, after all, a woman, and women like things and/or stuff. I have no desire to own a new vacuum cleaner for instance. 

So, when I THINK that I'm through shopping (mostly), I make a list of what I'v bought and whether I have received that item. In my list, I put down the prices, so I can tally up the costs. Then, I take that number and divide it by the number of people (7), to see how much I actually spent on gifts. Getting that particular number somehow allows me to rationalize, if only in my mind, the estimated cost for each person.

Except for Christmas, other than some new clothes that I NEED (not really, just want), my buying habit mostly runs on idle. I only buy birthday presents for Benjamin and Elly. The adult children in our lives, not so much.

Speaking of rears, it's time for me to move mine! And, no I don't buy that many gifts, but I could be a contender for second place!

Image result for picture of mountain Christmas gifts

Happy Thursday everyone.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...