Sunday, November 25, 2018

A Beautiful Day Outside

11/25/2018

Yesterday's weather was just down right awful. If it had snowed as much as it rained, well all I can say is we'd be shoveling right now. Nope, instead we had a rather steady, and at times, buckets of rain coming down all day.

When did we decide to do our weekly shopping? If you guessed yesterday, you'd be right. It was so wet outside, that I genuinely appreciated the hood on my raincoat. Bella had no such raincoat, and once we went inside, she had to shake a bit to rid her of excess water!

Final stop was at WalMart, where I picked out a new lighted china/ceramic house. I had a house in the bathroom. Unfortunately, the bulb burned out, and I did a "handsome" job of screwing around to get the bulb out, may have to make it a non-lit tree. 

While I was browsing for a replacement, all of which were beyond my reach, a very nice man picked up the different houses to show them to me. That was very thoughtful of him, and I appreciated his help.

Then it was onto buying a new fake Christmas tree. I have had a fiber optic tree in the den, um, probably since last Christmas. Since, Jeff and I don't do real trees anymore, I still enjoy lights. Today's mission is to take the new tree out of it's box, and "light" her up! Can't wait.

My attention has been "temporarily" averted! Today, I must not let anything get me off course, as I fold or "wad" (depending on what the clothing item is) the laundry. I get good guy merits for cleaning up the kitchen this morning even BEFORE breakfast! And, oh boy did the kitchen need work. Sometimes, when you're in sloth mode, cleaning up something or anything seems to be just too big a task. I know baby steps, baby steps. Or I suppose I could use some form of heavy earth moving equipment, to just shove stuff from one room to the next! Thereby, I'd never need to "actually" clean a room. (insert smiley face here)!

While Jeff and I were shopping at WalMart yesterday, we were surprised by the lack of shoppers. I'm betting that it we had gone shopping on Friday, it would have been a very different story. No lines at check-out, and had enough space to maneuver that stupid power cart (ugh). Jeff bought us a pizza at Costco, and that was dinner when we eventually came home. The girls seem to know when we're eating pizza, because they hang around hoping to get some "pizza butts" (crust)!!

I hope the sun is shining where you are, and if you're traveling, then I also hope that the traffic is light.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...