Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Shopping at Michael's!!

11/13/2018

There is something so satisfying about going to Michael's. At this time of the year, pretty much everything in the store is all about Christmas. Poor Thanksgiving, it doesn't stand a chance against Christmas. I think for most people, we associate Thanksgiving with food, lots of food and for some, or many most, watching a football game.

Which aisle do you go down first, is the initial question you ask yourself. You have a mental list of what you need/want to buy. However, you can easily become distracted, which is a condition I suffer from! For Thanksgiving, I have bought advent calendars in one form or another to give out to the kids as well as Stacey and Wendy. The "boys" are no longer interested in advent calendars.

Stacey helped me out finding appropriate sized frames for pictures I have bought. I also ordered a service dog vest for one of Scott's dogs. While he was here yesterday, I spoiled his surprise by showing him the vest. Unlike last year, I don't want to buy things for the family that are either: too small, or too big. He liked the vest, so all he has to do on Christmas is to exclaim over the gift. I don't think that's asking too much of someone.

I bought myself a Unicorn ornament, which is currently hanging from my desk lamp. I also bought Christmas cards for me/us to send out. I don't send out as many cards as I did in the years past. The friends we had in California, are after 32 years, are beginning to fade away. And, that makes sense to me.

Today is head shrinking day, and boy do I need to see Dr. H. When the days get shorter, my depression level really ramps up. It doesn't help that the days are shorter. If I was: (a) steady enough on my feet (and I'm not); and (b) able to drive at night (thank you cataracts). I'm having my other eye operated on December 13th, and I can hardly wait.  

My "hunt" is nearly over for another Christmas. Oh, there are still some items left for me to buy, but the bulk of buying is just about over. Stacey has been kind enough to wrap my presents. She knows that I abhor wrapping, and usually in years past, have used wrapping tape to close up the Amazon boxes! The boys never seemed to care, but I really do appreciate her helping me with this.

Those chores that I wrote about yesterday, are still on my "to do" list. And, perhaps today I will actually put clothes in the washer, instead of just thinking about it!

And in the den, are the remains of a stuffed animal that has been torn apart. I need to pick up those little cotton-like balls, before Ada comes tomorrow. Ladies, I know that we women always have to do some form of cleaning, before the cleaning lady comes! It's just in our DNA.

In case you're interested, today is National World Kindness day.
Gloomy weather outside and likely going to rain sometime today.

P

                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...