Monday, November 5, 2018

Shopping, Shopping!

11/5/2018

As you all know, Christmas doesn't sneak up on me. Nope, I've hunted, shopped and bought a number of things for the family. Truthfully, I absolutely love the hunt. For sure, I could pick out some standard gifts - socks, slippers, as well as some futsy (sp) things for Stacey and Wendy. But, I think, nope I know, that I can come up with better gifts. Some of the gifts are practical, while other gifts are simply because I think they'll like them.

Stacey and Benjamin came over yesterday, and she was planning on helping me with the matting and framing of a few pictures. Also, since the spare room is a "dump it room", it now needs help. A lot of help. Unfortunately, my left shoulder is still causing me pain, and it didn't help that I fell a few days ago, and slammed my left knee and left arm on the floor. I really need to be steadier on my feet - it's just that simple.

Not to be biased, but it's definitely easier for me, to buy for Wendy, Stacey and Elly. My brain, and it's been this way for years, just can't seem to come up with gifts for the boys. So, I pretty much leave the gift buying to Jeff.

As for me, I really don't need anything. But, want stuff, absolutely. I always need (actually only want) new slippers. There is something so satisfying about new slippers. My Mother always got new slippers as a gift for Christmas. Trouble was, she only wanted Daniel Green leather slippers. Give her a new slipper to try, and it was not well received, and she made damn sure that you knew she didn't like the slippers. 

People say that I'm hard to buy for. I disagree. I'm no longer wanting someone to buy me clothes, because that never works out. I like, and Jeff considers, a waste of money. I have a tendency to simply buy things for myself, wrap them and ooh and aah when I open them!

I wanted Elvis' movies, so I bought myself a few. I've enjoyed watching them, and like to see thin and handsome Elvis, rather than when he got older and became more of a fat Elvis. There was just some thing about seeing older Elvis, still trying to "rock" the white leather outfits, that made me sad, even this many years later.

The weather outside can be summed up in one word: crappy. My neighbor says, and I agree, that it's actually easier to pick up wet leaves, because they don't blow away. 

Running along.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...