Saturday, November 17, 2018

Saturday All Day!

11/17/2018

I know people, sound the alarm. I also know that when you're out there in the workforce, you always know when it's Saturday. And, personally, I also looked forward to multiple days off, like at Thanksgiving.

Speaking of which, is next week, which for the life of me I can't imagine. Where do the days go? We're going out to Andrew's house for Thanksgiving. Not only will we have a delicious meal, with the family, but the girls get to tag along. On occasion, and it really scares me, we let the dogs out intentionally, and let them run. They run around the back of the houses on our street, and then they come home. Sort of like a "walk about"! One of my fears is that they might get hit by a car, or somebody would catch them and keep them! Irrational I know, but I know you understand where I'm coming from.

Went to Hopkins yesterday to meet with a nurse, to discuss options regarding the possibility of having bariatric surgery again. I know the odds are against me, but it never hurts to ask. The last time I did it, I lost 31 pounds. Jeff lost considerably more weight with his surgery than I did. Apparently, they don't do this surgery after age 70, and I'm getting closer to that age. Just a fact of life people. 

While the temperature wasn't very high yesterday, we put on an extra layer of clothing, put Bella in the car, and put the top down. We left the windows up, and the heat in the car is amazing. We were quite comfy on our ride. Benjamin has given me a unicorn scarf, and I wore that around my neck yesterday. Not only did I stay warm, but I looked "cool"!! And, by the way, in case you're wondering, it takes a LOT to make this old gal look "cool".

It's not a very pretty day outside, but it's not "winding" (my use of the word), nor is it particularly cold. Just a gray and dreary day.

Tomorrow, Jeff and I are going to watch Benjamin in a play.  Last time we saw him in a play, he spoke up and didn't forget his lines. It should be fun tomorrow.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...