Monday, November 19, 2018

Sunday In Review

11/19/2018

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to see Benjamin in the performance of Sleeping Beauty. Benjamin played a king, and, I might be prejudiced, but I thought he did an excellent job. He projects his voice, and dances flawlessly. I think he was/is meant for the stage.

Afterwards, we went to a Chinese buffet dinner. I did eat some things, but I made sure that the quantity was small. Oh, and I did succumb to a small piece of peach cobbler! This girl has to get her dessert fix in, every now and then.

Once home, and the girls were very excited to see us, we got out of our "formal" clothes, i.e., dress pants, etc., and opted for more comfortable clothing. PJ's and slippers for me. Staying home all the time it's harder to physically get dressed rather than stay in sweat pants all day! I do get dressed (casually, of course) each day. If I'm not dressed, and an opportunity presents itself to go somewhere, I want to be ready!

Today I'm going back to the doctor to see how my shoulder healing is coming along. I hate to say it, but the shoulder is still very sore. The physical therapist says that it could take months to heal a broken bone. I really don't want to hear about months, but am still limited to what I can do with my left arm. Fingers crossed that my bone has healed a little more than at my last visit.

In the neighborhood bulletin board, somebody is willing to pay $20.00 to have somebody use a drone to see if their gutters are clogged. Really? You can actually find people who will come out and unclog your gutters, or you can do what we did and that was to put gutter guards on. End of story.

While we are out and about today, it's a perfect day to have the top down. Yippee. We have been known to have the top down, but windows up, even when it's cold outside. A coat, my unicorn scarf (thank you Benjamin), gloves and am very comfy riding around. If you're going to own a convertible, it only makes good sense to take the top down whenever you can.

Starting to step over boxes in my office, so today I'm going to move them into the living room, for either wrapping (probably not) and/or packing tape and magic marker on a plain box. Option two is easier, and I don't have to show people my lack of prowess, when it comes to wrapping. Thankfully, Stacey doesn't seem to mind wrapping, and she does so beautifully.

The Holiday today is: 
Have a bad day! We've all heard the phrase
have a good or nice day plenty of times after purchasing something at a store. Doesn't it become trite to hear that everywhere you go?  Don't you think it would be nice to hear something different for a change? Do you think that everyone who tells you to have a "nice day" really wants you to have a nice day? Probably not. So today's "holiday" is "Have a Bad Day". Today, stores and business owners, are supposed to tell customers to "have a bad day." While you may think that's a stupid idea, it's probably a bit more genuine than the usual "good day" that we hear everywhere we go!


And, now I leave you with this, I am a Sagittarius:

Image result for picture of bad day
P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...