Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday all Day!

11/20/2018

Not much to say about a Tuesday. The good news for this week is that there is only more day before, for most people, four days off. When I was still working, how I looked forward to an extended "vacation", if you will.

Being retired now means that pretty much every day is a holiday, not really, but you get the idea.

Jeff headed off early to do his civic duty to go for jury duty. I don't know what the case is about, just the jurors were assured, that this trial would not get in the way of the holiday. Of course, there's the possibility that Jeff might not be picked. We watch the tv show called "Bull", and he gives a thumbs up or down for each juror.

The last time Jeff was in a jury in California. The case involved a known prostitute, who was called over to a car (undercover cop). He asked her how much for "x" services. She never gave him a response. The jury found her innocent. While a profession isn't one that most people think about, she didn't cross the line by soliciting her services. Definitely a case of justice.

It's a beautiful, top down kind of weather. I'm in the process of cleaning up my office, which is now officially "Santa's workshop"!  I'm going to throw the empty Amazon boxes into the living room, just so that I don't accidentally bump into a box and fall down. While Bella is a very good service dog, when we go out, but unlike Lassie, she has yet to be trained to go and get help. Baby steps here. When she has her vest on, she is in full working mode. Nothing distracts her: noise, people walking near her. The only thing she doesn't much care for is the elevator. 

I'm now working very hard on my new "diet". After breakfast, I don't eat anything until dinnertime. I drink protein water, and yes you can get used to the taste. I have a chocolate shake, but can only drink a little bit at a time. I have dinner, but really small portions, and no dessert. The no dessert is really big news for me, because I absolutely love sugar! But, we know that sugar, at least for me, is not a good thing.

Yesterday, I went to see the bone doctor and he had some good news. The broken bones have now healed (yeah), but now my shoulder is frozen. How you get that particular problem I don't know. What I do know is that my left arm is very weak and I'm still in pain, particularly if I try and use that arm. You would think that by straining or hurting that shoulder, I would learn not to do that. But, I'm a slow learner.

And, today's make believe holidays are: Fudge Day (yum) as well as National Absurdity Day. 

I'm very late in getting my chores done. I will sign off, so that I can go to the kitchen and do damage control!

P




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...