Saturday, November 10, 2018

Busy Days!

11/10/2018

I apologize for not blogging yesterday. But, I have an excuse, and heaven knows I need one!

Jeff's brother arrived here on Thursday, and you know if you haven't seen a person in a while, you simply forget that they are older. For Jeff and I, all we have to do is look in the mirror to see (ugh) our age!

We went out to dinner Thursday evening, to Red Lobster. We like their food, we just stopped going. Dinner was very good and the company very enjoyable.

The three of us had a lot to talk about. How old is your "x", where do you work now, exchanging pictures (new school - on phones), and in general just catching up with everybody's life. It's amazing how long you can sit around and never run out of things to talk about.

Yesterday, was a horrible weather day. Colder, windy and rainy. Jeff took his brother to Annapolis, and they had lunch out. So, last night our dinner was at Cracker Barrel. The food there is always so good - you eat too much - and you're glad you have an elastic waist on your jeans!!

Today, is sort of a quiet day. After breakfast, the "boys" headed up to Jeff's office to do and talk about all things computer (at least I think that's what their talking about.

We're heading out to Andrew's house this afternoon. Benjamin will want to show off his chickens, and Jeff and I are interested in seeing the building progress for the remodeling of the basement. Actually, it's not exactly remodeling, since the basement didn't have walls, etc. The end result, however, will be beautiful, I'm sure. Can't wait to go into the "theater" and sit in comfy, do everything for you, except get you coke and popcorn, and watch a movie!

The girls always enjoy going out to Andrew's house, because they have a gigantic backyard, and they can really stretch their legs. That is, until they want to come back inside. And, like children, once their inside, they want to go back outside .......

I did spend sometime ordering the 4A Christmas cards. I paid for a designer to make up the design for the magnets. Still, I had to decide the front of the card, inside message, and a little something on the back of the card. You have to choose what kind of paper you want. Do you want envelopes? Stuff like that. This year, I opted to have 4A's address put on the envelopes. Just one less step in getting the cards ready to be mailed.

It's cold here today, and socks are definitely warranted. Time to dig out sweaters and coats, and turn on the fireplace.

Enjoy your Saturday.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...