Monday, March 18, 2019

All Things Royal

3/18/2019

I, along with a whole lot of other people, find the British family very interesting. Particularly, now with the addition of Megan. Megan was an actress in Hollywood, made her own money, a lot of it to be exact, and is worth $5,000,00. Comparing Megan's worth to Harry, his worth is $40,000.00. In most marriages, the man normally brings home "the bacon", and in this relationship is no different.

My Dad served in the military in England, during the run-up of Queen Elizabeth's coronation. At that time, we lived in Liverpool - long live the Beatles, who also came from Liverpool.

Queen Elizabeth's coronation date was June 2, 1953. At that time, I was 4 years old and not interested in much of anything, let alone the royal occasion in June. I don't remember much, but I do remember that the streets were lined with tables. Each boy received a "gold" coach, and each girl, including yours truly, were given little mugs with fairy tale characters on the outside. I don't know if my brother still has his coach, but I definitely have the cup. The cup is fragile, and has been broken and glued together several times. And, this won't come as a surprise to any of you, but I hang onto my memories. I have short term memory issues, but can remember things that happened in the past, as a child or teenager.

My Dad also bought me a musical carousel. To answer the obvious question - do I still have it? You bet I do. The carousel has a striped top with small fringe hanging from the top. It is likely that this carousel isn't worth much today, but putting a price on a memory, is just silly. I did my usual searching, and found one that looks a lot like mine and it costs $239.00.  Will I ever sell it? Nope. It seems unlikely that the boys will love or even like this carousel as much as I do.

Oh, where was I? I remember, the royal family. Here, we don't have royalty (at least I don't know of any), we just have a President. Unlike the royal family in England, we don't have just one person directing "traffic". Queen Elizabeth II, on September 9, 2015 has reigned for 65 years, and is now 92 years old. Pretty impressive. And, while she may be old(er), she still dresses in impeccable style and bright colors. We should all look as good at 92 as she does!

Time for me to curtsy, and sign off.  Remember, when drinking tea, it's pinky up. Way more information then you wanted to know.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...