Saturday, March 9, 2019

Wake-Up Call

3/9/2019

For all the years that I can remember, my breakfast almost always is toast/bagel and coffee. It's just how I like to start my day.

But, today I found another way to get my heart started. A movie guaranteed to keep you both awake and on the edge of your seat (at least for me). The movie is "Sky Scraper" with Dwayne Johnson. Believe me, there is more action than any action junkie could ask for. 

Generally, my go-to kind of movie are comedies or mushy romance ones. I would read a book while eating, but that gets a bit messy, particularly when you/I slather said bagel with butter. 

I bought two hardback books recently, and with the help of a magnifying glass and my reading "cheaters", was able to read the words. Or, at least the words I wanted to read. Everybody knows that I'm a bit of a skipper when I read. I glance at the page, browse that page, and if I don't find anything compelling on a page, go onto the next page. I know as I write this, that it sounds stupid, but it's just me. If the book is very interesting, then I actually read every word. 

I just finished a John Grisham book, and it definitely was a read every word kind of book. Since I never read a book twice, I'm taking them out to Stacey today, so she can give them to her mother.

This afternoon, we are going out to Andrew's house for dinner and a movie. We're bringing a Costco everything pizza, and Stacey will cook a cheese pizza for her and Benjamin. After we eat, we're going into the basement to watch a movie in their new "theater". We're taking both dogs, with an eagle eye on Daisy. Daisy has never met a surface she doesn't want to pee on. And, believe me, I don't want the first "marking" on their new carpet by her. We don't have to worry about Bella, because she is more in control. Jeff says that he will take Daisy out while we are watching the movie.

Speaking of pee, and doesn't everybody want to talk about that, I have bought numerous pee pads for Daisy. I have lined the upstairs hallway with these pads, and they seem to be working. What I really like about these pads is that when they have become used, you just put them in the washer, and they come out really clean. To be sure, I could use hallway runners, but when they have used as a porta-potty, there is more involved in washing them. First, they all have that awful rubber backing, which makes it through the washer okay, but with numerous washing and drying, the backing begins to wear off. 

Don't forget to set your clocks backwards tonight. The change in time, will likely screw the girls up. They were confused when we set the clocks forward. The girls normally get up at 7:30, so it's anyone's guess what time they will get up tomorrow. I personally love the extra light at the end of the day.

Happy Saturday.

P


Set your clocks ahead


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...