Saturday, March 2, 2019

Gloomy Saturday

3/2/2019

What can you say about a day that can only be summed up in a few words. Those words for today are dark, gloomy, wet and cold. So, even though it's Saturday, it's just not pretty outside, and the urge to stay inside is very strong. Basically, a sweat pants kind of day. And. though I don't wear them often, they are going to be part of my wardrobe today.

Jeff made chicken soup yesterday, so it will make for a great lunch, and perhaps dinner too. Jeff makes really good soups (except for the addition of mushrooms, which I hate) and stews. When he makes stew, there is always a discussion about hot many potatoes to add in. For me, there can never be too many potatoes, but Jeff definitely feels differently. We always come up with a compromise, and one that works well for us, is that I cook some extra potatoes to put in my bowl! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

This week, one of the comments on my blog was from Benjamin. I was thrilled that he obviously had read my blog, as well as his indication that he would like to start one of his own.  In a world of communication that is now primarily done by social media and smart phones, it's getting harder to find people who actually "write". Obviously, authors are still writing books, and while there is a surge of popularity for an e-reader, there is nothing like opening up a new book. But, maybe, that's just me. I am, after all, the person who likes really old books, because I like the smell and mystery of them. If I go to a "junk" store, I always head to the book section. I don't want to buy any new or even moderately new books, nope I want old books. For me, and I'm probably the only one, I always want to know who owned this book, and what's the book's story? Okay, now I really sound like a nut. In the bedroom, I have several of these very old books on a shelf. I remember buying one book, simply because the author's last name was Bassett. Did I ever read it? Not really, but it was written so long ago, that I couldn't actually get into the story. Until I have to, I will hold on to my vintage books. They don't take up too much space, and much like all the glass that I own, bring me pleasure. Yes, I have friends (not close ones) who tell me that my house is like a "grandma's house".  Basically, they're telling me that the house is almost "full to the brim" with treasures. I like that I have a grandma house, because the things inside the house, are all very special to me.

Talk to you tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...