Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Looking Beautiful

3/26/2019

Yesterday, Stacey and I went to the "salon" for a spring clean-up - toes primarily. When your feet have been stuck in real shoes all winter, I always feel the need to spruce up my tootsies for the warmer months ahead. Once you're wearing sandals, etc., your feet are "out there". And having nasty looking (my view only) toes, is so not happening.

As a birthday and thank you present for all she does for me, I treated Stacey to a "luxury" pedicure. It was wonderful. Scented water, mud masque, etc., it was definitely a luxury. I can't afford to have this pedicure every time, but it was a great day, for both of us. Stacey, opted for bright red nails with Mickey Mouse polish on top. Since she's going to Disneyland next month, the little Mickeys will be right at home.

Me? Since I can't really reach my feet, I only get clear polish. When it wears off, I as well as anybody else will not notice.

For all the time when Stacey gives up her very busy life, to take me to here or there, I feel I owe her more than just a thank you. Hence, the girls' day of beauty.

Flowers are showing themselves, and trees are waking up also. Spring is a beautiful time here. Whereas, when we lived in California, the color of choice to describe the landscape, would be various shades of brown. Here, it's various shades of green! Love it. It won't be long before the sound of lawn mowers will fill the air. Almost all of the people on this street, have a commercial company come in to mow. For years, I pushed a Toro mower around the yard, and enjoyed the sense of accomplishment, until I didn't. It takes no time at all for the commercial company mowers to move around the yard. There is some sprucing that needs to be one - pick up fallen branches and things like that.

It's a beautiful, but colder day outside. We're taking Jeff's car this afternoon for a doctor's appointment, but will likely keep the top up. I hate having to take his car with the top up, I feel it defeats the purpose of owning a convertible!


PImage result for picture of first signs of spring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...