Thursday, March 7, 2019

Plans

3/7/2019

Weekend plans - so boring. But, for me it's an outing, and I don't have too many of those. 

Andrew et al have invited us to come to their house on Saturday for dinner and a movie. Their "theater" is now completed, and from the few pictures I've seen, looks fabulous. All of the things that were in the basement, before construction, is now in the garage. To be honest, I'm a "bit" jealous. 

If, Jeff and I were to finish our basement, we'd have the same problem with stuff that they had. Only, we have 32 years of accumulation and there is, as the boys would say, crap loads of stuff down there. Mind you, that some of the things down there belong to the boys, but clearly they don't want to take them home.

We have two filing cabinets in the basement filled with BDI (our towing company) paper. Since every time a battery was sold, a credit card was most of the time used, along with the customer's home address. So, in goes without saying, we can't just toss these documents in the garbage. Nope, at some point all of those papers will need to be shredded. The cabinets are not in the way, so cleaning them out is hardly a priority. 

Today, sometime or the other, will go into Jeff's office, and bag up some more paper for shredding or tossing. People, we're talking about a lot of paper, particularly since I've decided that we don't really need to hang onto paid bills. Some of what I shredded earlier this week, and dates going back to 2007! Those paid bills are clearly not needed now, and likely they never were. To be sure, we need to keep tax returns, etc., but the rest of the stuff, is outta here!

Physical therapy again tonight, though there is little or no improvement in my shoulder. I'll try therapy a few more weeks, then I'll be back to the bone doctor. The doctor told me that he could operate (tiny operation) on my shoulder, and as the pain never goes away, I may and probably should  opt for surgery. The therapist thinks I now have a frozen shoulder and she thinks I may have damage to my rotary cuff. Could a girl get a break? Apparently, this girl can't. So, I shoulder on, and only take (when I remember) to take over-the-counter pills. Taking pain pills is not my thing, particularly since I watched my mother, over the years, take more and more pills for one condition or another. I don't want that to be me. I generally have a high pain tolerance, but I will say that this shoulder business has been the worst I've had in a very long time. And, yes that does sounds like a lot of whining on my part.

P



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...