Sunday, March 17, 2019

What the "H..." is Going On?

3/17/2019

Climbing on my soap box now, so you already know that I have an issue to talk and/or rant about. Today's topic is all about the killing of innocent people that have been and likely will continue, unfortunately.

There have been times in history, of which we as humans, are ashamed of, or at least should be. Slavery is one such time. The war against Jews by the Germans is another, removing children from their parents simply because they lived south of the border. All of this, and many other moments in our history, are nothing to be proud of.

But, now we have a new assault on human life. And, even though we didn't pull the trigger, feel very sorry and ashamed of somebody's actions. The killing of people while in their Mosques, simply because they are/were Muslims, is unacceptable. I can actually think of other words to use, but Benjamin sometimes read my blog, so this is going to be PG rated.

If you've got a "beef" with somebody else because of their race, sexual preference or religious beliefs, just doesn't give you or anybody else, the right to slaughter, because there is no more suitable name, innocent people. If you hate people so much, my suggestion is for a person to turn the gun on themselves. That way, they won't have to bother suffering from intolerance. Police killing of the gunman, actually doesn't work for me. I think (and it's only my opinion, and perhaps isn't yours, that these killers, who are probably and/or likely to be "mental" in some sort of way, should stand trial and sentenced. Some of you may remember the song "Love One Another", and I think, actually know, that it's time to take that song to heart.

And, now let's chat about the movie/television stars, who have decided that their child/children should attend a prestige college, just because they want to. When I was working to go to college, I remember taking the SAT's, before submitting my application to a college.   

But, if you're rich, and these people are, they feel they have a right (and they don't) to what basically comes down to a bribe, even though they see the money as a "donation". Sure, that's what's happening. Nearly 50 people, all rich, have been accused of participating this scheme. It's just not right, that rich children, get to go to these prestige colleges, just because they have rich parents. If even one of those children, and it's not their fault, get into college, that means that a child, who worked hard, doesn't get in. And, to be clear this is not fair. Most of us have to play by the rules, but I've seen firsthand what a rich person gets away with.

There is some justice in that Lori Laughlin, who had a very successful career by being the star of many Hallmark movies. Say good-bye to that revenue stream. Hallmark was quick to separate themselves from the actress. Now, the question is: was it really worth it? All of the people who indulged (can't that of a better word), will forever be famous by the actions they did this year. 

And, finally, I come to the story that a robber dressed as a unicorn (I think of as my spirit animal" robbed a store. Why a unicorn?  Were the stores out of the routine masks? For instance, like Lion, Tiger and Bear, oh my. 

I think all of you know when I've actually got a subject that I can get my teeth into.

For now, climbing off my soapbox. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Only by accident did I pick out green clothes for today.

P

           Image result for picture of leprechaun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...