Wednesday, March 27, 2019

There's Gold Somewhere

3/27/2019

If you know me, and I suspect most of you do, then you also know how much I enjoy reality shows (although scripted I'm sure).

Jeff and I both enjoy the shows where the goal is to find gold. So we watch: Gold Rush, Gold Rush Water, Curse of Oak Island, as well as Lost Treasures of World War II.

While we sit in our chair each evening, we are both silently and/or vocally hoping that these gold rush teams (I guess you could call it that), are successful. Particularly, on the show Oak Island, where endless amounts of money and time have been spent in looking for a fortune of gold. We both want the team to find gold, not just a coin here and there, but large pockets of gold. To be fair, they have found pieces of pottery buried deep into a hole, as well as a few coins here and there. But, the treasure they speak continually evades them. The team has been looking for gold and/or other treasures for 6 years. Apparently, lack of money doesn't seem to be a problem. So, week after week, Jeff and I are glued to our chair, rooting the team on to find treasure - hopefully, a significant treasure.

The shows "Gold Rush" and "Gold Rush Water" have to come to their season end, because winter is setting in more and more each day. Pretty hard to mine for gold, when your machines are coated in ice!

This time of the year, we're going to watch "Bering Sea Gold". Of all the people who dive down in the water looking for gold, none of them are as successful as "Mr. Gold". Sean (Mr. Gold) receives $200,000 per season, with an annual salary of $450,000. It is estimated that his net worth is 5 million

We don't feel bad for some of these miners, who are literally raking in the gold. True, they do have to put up with cameras, but that doesn't seem to interfere with their work.

As a new season of Bering Sea Gold, will soon be upon us, Jeff and I will silently be rooting for our favorite miner, which is pretty much "Mr. Gold".

Have to close for no, though I did tell Jeff that I wouldn't be tolerant, if he threw caution to the wind and went gold mining!!

P
 Image result for picture of gold
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...