Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Just Things

3/4/2019

It's a beautiful, sunny day. Sounds perfect doesn't it? Yes it does, but then you have to factor in the cold, and while eating my breakfast (bagel and coffee), turned the gas fireplace on.  Problem with that is, while the den stays comfy, the rest of the house isn't so much.

A month or so ago, I started a high protein diet. And, believe it or not, it really does work. The amount of weight I've lost is either 21 pounds (using the most I've ever weighed) or 11 pounds if I use a lower number that I last had checked a few months ago. Obviously, I prefer to use the 21 pounds number. Who wouldn't?

As I've ordered high protein products, there are a few things I will never order again. High protein shakes for one. Just arrived yesterday, is a fizzy flavored water that has 30 grams of protein! I like this drink very much. It's like drinking ginger ale, but flavored. This will definitely be on my re-order list. I highly recommend it. The good news about eating/drinking high protein products is that you're never really hungry. A typical menu for me is: the bagel (not giving that up), a few pieces of turkey breast and cheese for lunch. For dinner, I eat everything, but in very small portions. I have a goal in mind - hip replacement, but I have to be at a certain weight (and I'm not there yet) before the surgeon will operate. That's a significant goal. Since I have a number of maladies, exercising is very difficult, or even possible for me. It's hard to walk for exercise, if everything below the waist hurts. Sometimes everything hurts all at once, but other times it's my hip, balance, etc.

I haven't watched the latest Bachelor show. I'll have to watch it, to see which lady Colton proposes to. It's pretty obvious that said lady will say yes. But, will the engagement and/or wedding survive? Most of the time, the answer is no.

I'm actually early today with my blog. It's far easier to sit in front of the fireplace, read or watch television. Of course, those two things doesn't produce anything useful!

P

 

Here's what I know for sure: I used to wear Grandma Bassett's wedding ring (note the word used). This ring is very small and delicate. It pained me that I carried so many extra pounds, that I couldn't wear the ring. Folks, I can now wear it once again!  Happy, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...