Thursday, March 21, 2019

Today: Rainy, Glppmy with a Hint of Depression

3/21/2019

Today, just as the weatherman predicted, it is dark, raining and gloomy outside. This is not good news from somebody who needs sunshine to help my mood.

I'm currently sitting in front of my "SAD" light, hoping (fingers crossed) that I'll get enough fake sunshine, for me. It's difficult, at best, for "regular people", to feel upbeat on days such as this.

After reading the paper, and I do now every day, I feel so sorry for the people in the states that are dealing with water - a lot of water. If you knew that the ship (house) is going down, what things would absolutely have to be saved. Oh, for sure important papers, that would be hard to replace, as well as memory stuff like that. Some people wouldn't try to save pictures, but given enough time to move along, I'd really try to load up as much stuff as possible in the car. The girls would, of course, be part of the load in the car. 

We are supposed to get a lot of rain today, and while our backyard, becomes a Mother Nature swimming pool, we live at the top of a hill, and we've never had to battle with water seeping into the basement. Of course, is you/we did suffer with excess water, it's amazing how much stuff in the basement, for instance, isn't relevant. Not worth saving, at least in my opinion. Jeff would feel differently about this I'm sure. My treasures are inside the house, and in the big scheme of things, while it would be heartbreaking, but, my glass pieces, and there's a lot of them, are in reality, just things.  And, since most of my glass pieces came from Ebay, I could start collecting new glass pieces. Hope it never comes that. 

I still have my felt baby shoes (and, you're saying, of course you do), also Benjamin's first pair of Crocs, and they are so small. Once my hope chest is so full that the top won't close, I have two options: one purge the things inside (and that ain't gonna happen) or buy myself another kind of chest to store new things. Pretty sure you all know which of those options I would do.

The picture below closely resembles glass birds on a glass tree - beautiful 

 Tree with 9 Birds | Hand made using the “massello” technique. Crystal base with green glass lines and crystal "leaf" details. Maestro: Arnaldo Zanella

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...