Friday, March 8, 2019

Weird "Holdays"

3/8/2019

 Just in case all of you think that the only good thing about today, is that's Friday. When I was working, I always looked forward to Friday and any three days off because of a holiday.

Because I know you're dying to know (not really I'm sure), I searched for little known "national days". 

Here's what I found:

National Proofreading Day: I'm guilty, because sometimes my fingers get ahead of my thoughts, and I type a wrong word, or miss a word completely!

Here's one: National Nasty Day: I tend to think I'm not a nasty person. If you look up the word nasty in the dictionary, there are numerous synonyms that define the word nasty. Here's just a few:   uncharitable, unpleasant, disagreeable, nasty, mean, mean-spirited, cruel, vicious, spiteful, malicious, malevolent, harsh, callous, pitiless, ruthless, unsympathetic, unfeeling. Trust me, the list of nasty things goes on and on. I think, since nobody's perfect, that there are several words that can relate to me. Sad to say that of course.

National Middle Name Day:  How many of you use your middle name? I know I don't. If you go south, it seems like your middle name is always used. My middle name? Jo (like Little Women). It's not that I don't like it, I just don't identify myself with my middle name. A number of married woman, use their maiden last name, as part of their now married name. Does that make sense to you? So, if I was to use my last name before I married, it would be: Patti Carr Bassett. It doesn't roll off my tongue. When Jeff and I got married, about a 100 years ago, it wasn't "a thing" to use your birth last name as part of your new married name.  

Saying that, I define myself with only my first name. When I was a child, if my mother called me by my first two names, I absolutely knew I was in trouble!!

Some people don't actually like their middle name, hence they never use it. Jeff's middle name is Thomas, but he uses it seldom, unless it's some kind of important document: his Will, passport, etc.

Today, I will leave you with my name,

Patti Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...