Friday, November 20, 2015

Off to the Craft Fair

11/20/2015

This morning, Stacey and I are headed to the crafts fair.  Do I need anything?  No, but when did that ever stop a woman?  Ummm let me think - never!

I'm not a crafty person.  I can manage to sew on a button - if - and it's a big if - I can find the right button, the right color thread and the piece of clothing all at once.  Otherwise, I'm doomed.  I have in fact a little plastic box with random extra buttons that come on clothes.  Do I still have said clothes?  I doubt it, but if I throw out a button, you know what will happen next.  Yup, that piece of clothing will show up.  It's like throwing out a sock because it has no mate.  Once you do that, the other sock will magically appear.  Maybe the sock elves have something to do with messing with us and our socks.

Today, we'll see people who are truly talented.  There will be people who work with wood, glass, ceramics, paintings, clothes and food.  I allow myself an indulgence when I go to the craft fair.  I buy macaroons.  Gotta have 'em.

I've already started my Christmas shopping, which will not come as a surprise to people who know me.  If I haven't finished buying by the first week of December, I at least have a list of what to buy and for whom.  

I have in years past, back when I was working, bought some beautiful glass pieces that I truly cherish.  I really can't justify buying more glass pieces, because I own so much already.  If I ever get to Italy and over to the Isle of Murano, I'd better have a zero balance on my credit card!

Since it's Friday, and the majority of people will be at work, it should be quite easy for Stacey and I to move through the buildings without crashing into people with strollers, people with dogs and/or people with small children.  The same cannot be said for the craft fair on Saturday and Sunday, when you will run into all of those people and more.

Years ago, I bought a set of trees like these.  They are super beautiful and lovely to look at. Today is national name your PC day.  In some situations, depending on how well your computer is working, the name calling might not be very nice!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...