Friday, November 6, 2015

Solar Power

11/6/2015

Scott is having solar panels installed on his roof to help reduce his electricity bill.  If he refers someone to the company, us for example, he gets $250.00.

When Scott said that he was going to have the solar company call and make an appointment with Jeff, I was pretty sure that Jeff would say no way.  But that didn't happen.  The solar man came to the house, showed us all the red spots on our roof (which means that's a good area for panels), and explained the benefits.  

We use a lot of electricity in our house, and our electric company loves us!  Apparently with solar panels put on our roof, we could save some money, particularly in the summer when the electric company's rates are at their highest.

Jeff has received the drawing of our house depicting where on the roof the panels will be installed.  Before installation, we need to have the HOA's approval and the signature of four neighbors who live next door or behind us.  Once we get the approval, the company can get permits and schedule the installation.

There is no maintenance on our part of the panels.  The company will come out and fix, repair or whatever if something (I don't know what) happens to the panels.  The panels aren't the prettiest I know, but if they can keep our electric bill lower, then I guess it doesn't matter what they look like.

P


Image result for picture of solar panels on a house

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...