Saturday, November 28, 2015

Leftover Turkey (Groan) and Other Duties!

11/28/2015

Yesterday, for dinner we reheated "Mr. Tom".  Today, I definitely have to find something else to do with the remaining bird.  I've found a recipe sort of like Chicken ala (sp) King.  Throw things into a pan, make a gravy-like sauce and serve over rice.  Perfecto.  

Before I make my dinner today, I'll save some turkey so that Jeff can make turkey soup.  Soup is something that Jeff makes frequently and he makes very good soup.  I, on the other hand, don't.  Probably because I'm just not much of a soup person.  I like stews, not soups.

Last night we braved Black Friday and went to WalMart.  I know, it was madness on our part.  But inside the store, it was far from being a throng of people.  I guess most people must have gotten up at dawn and hurried to WalMart, and other stores, to get those early bird specials.

We moved through the store easily and since I had a list, it was simply a matter of picking up the things I needed.  I bought Christmas cards, a devil's food cake mix for my birthday cake.  I love chocolate cake.  Trouble is that whenever I order it in a restaurant, it never really hits the mark.  I add a cup of mayonnaise to the batter, and the end result is a very, very good and moist chocolate cake.  Try it people, you'll be surprised I promise.

While watching television yesterday afternoon, I took the 4A (family computer company) holiday cards and the 2016 magnets and stuffed 100 envelopes.  I had bought return labels and Jeff printed  out address labels.  Hardest part?  Licking (ugh) all those envelopes!  I will take my mail to the post office on Monday.  I'd be a fool to go today.  Monday, everybody will be at work - except yours truly.

This weekend it's blow the leaves into the street.  Our homeowners association will start picking up leaves in front of houses on Tuesday.  Since somebody else is going to do the picking up, I will not have to grab lawn bags and scoop and dump leaves.  Once these leaves are picked up next week, I think that will likely be the last hurrah for leaf picking up, or at least I hope so.  I love the oak tree for three seasons of the year.  Autumn, not so much.  She was such a cute little tree 29 years ago and when we first planted the tree, we'd have a dozen or so leaves to pick up.  Now?  Our girl is all grown up and you could, if you wished, pick up leaves every day for weeks.

Time for me to get my day started.  Have a wonderful Saturday.

Today is national letter writing day as well as national turkey leftover day! 

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...