Friday, November 27, 2015

Post Turkey Day

11/27/2015

Yesterday, Jeff cooked our Thanksgiving dinner, and it was soooooooo good.  I was in charge of making mashed potatoes, because I love them.  Jeff cooked Mr. Tom, made stuffing, gravy and cranberries (from real cranberries, no canned stuff for him).  

I offered my help several times, but Jeff had everything under control.  Instead of pie for dessert, we had Apple Crisp with ice cream.  You can't go wrong with food from Marie Callendar.   Ten minutes in the microwave and we had a warm dessert.  Bonus - no baking dish to wash.

My help comes later in the day in the form of washing up and putting away.  Okay, definitely the washing up but actually putting dishes away is a chore that I liken to folding laundry.  Not too high up on the want to do list!

We watched the Animal Rescue special last night.  Dogs were brought out by actresses or other important people and shown off.  You could then log onto Fox's website and fill out an application for a dog that you had seen and liked.

The underlying message was for people to spay and neuter your dogs, to help keep the number of dogs down that wind up in shelters.  There was a few senior dogs as well as some dogs who had a two wheeled device to help them walk.  

It was a touching hour and while watching, I was secretly hoping that some of the dogs shown would be with a family very soon.

The good news about cooking your Thanksgiving meal at home is, you definitely know what you're going to eat the next day and .......

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...