Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Getting Ready for Tomorrow

11/25/2015

Tomorrow is Turkey Day.  It's also what I like to think of as the official start of the Christmas gift buying showdown.  If you can stand the crowds, the long lines at the register and the amazing rudeness of your fellow beings, then tomorrow and Friday are definitely your days.

I don't have much tolerance for shopping in stores.  Thanks to Amazon and other sites like them, you don't even have to leave your chair.  And, for extra money, they'll even wrap!  Who doesn't like that?

Last year for Thanksgiving, Jeff and I went out to eat, probably Bob Evans.  This year, we're cooking our own meal.  "Mr. Tom" is sitting in the refrigerator after having a glorious cool water bath for part of yesterday to help him thaw out.  We bought the smallest turkey we could find, but still he's big enough that we'll have to get creative about eating turkey before we begin to gobble.

I bought a frozen pecan pie as well as an apple crisp.  My baking days are pretty much over.  You really can't make a from scratch pie cheaper than one already prepared.  The problem with having sweets in the house, is I'm tempted to just take another bite (or two...) every time I'm in the kitchen!

I actually can't remember the last time we cooked for Thanksgiving.  I think it was before the boys both got married and started going to their in-laws.  We're going to have turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberries and mashed potatoes and some vegetable yet to be determined. I could make some family favorite dishes for us, but it would be too much food, and there's no boys to help us with the "tovers"!

What we'll do for the rest of the day remains to be seen.  I might decide to go see a movie, or I could stay home and watch Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.  What I do know is that the day will be quiet and should be stress free.  

And a bonus of Jeff not having to work Thursday and Friday - I don't have to think of something to put in his lunchbox. 

Fun Holiday – Shopping Reminder Day

On November 25, get your holiday shopping list organized and get ready to shop till you drop because it is Shopping Reminder Day! December is thought to be the year’s busiest shopping season and if you want to avoid the crowds and the stress of last minute shopping now is the time to begin. Shopping Reminder Day is an unofficial holiday that reminds people that Christmas is only a month away, and that they should get a head start on their holiday shopping.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...