Friday, November 13, 2015

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire!

11/13/2015

Though retired, with really nothing that I want to do.  Should do is a completely different matter!  I take my "lunch break" and watch the Millionaire show.  I think of this show as an exercise for my brain, which is no longer working at it's full capacity.  Some would argue that it never did, but now it really doesn't.

I am amazed at how often the contestants stumble on the first few questions which are, at least to me, ridiculously easy.  Having to use one of your life lines at the $500 or $1000 questions doesn't bode well for someone reaching the million dollar mark.

Once the contestants pass the $50,000 mark, the questions do get considerably more difficult.  I have been able to answer the question a few times.  But, for the most part, I simply crash and die.  I would love to see somebody get past the $100,000 question.  I'm pretty sure that if somebody actually won the $1M prize, they would probably just pass out on the stage!  I know I would.

It's Friday the 13th and there is a name for people who are actually afraid on the 13th. It's called paraskevidekatriaphobia.  Just trying to pronounce that name would be so much of a challenge, that all of your "13th fears" would dissipate. 

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...