Monday, November 16, 2015

Arts and Crafts Fair

11/17/2015

Several times a year, the local fairgrounds turns into an arts and crafts fair.  I generally go to at least one fair each year.  What the local, and some not so local, artisans make, is mind blowing.  Especially to someone whose skill set includes sewing on buttons - provided that I can find the right button and the right garment at the right time!

There are food vendors of all sorts.  When I go to the craft fair, I just have to buy macaroons, because I love, love them.  And just because this is a craft fair, do not assume that everything is low priced.  Quite the opposite in fact.  

There are paintings, photographs of nature that leaves a person standing there in awe.  Clothes, of course, beautiful pieces, shawls, ponchos, even dresses.  

I can't leave out jewelry.  Lots of handmade jewelry is for sale.  Such lovely pieces but the prices are prohibitive, especially if you're trying to stay on some kind of budget!  

And I can't leave out the glass work.  Such divine pieces of sculpture.  Actually there is so much glass (and I do love glass) that it would be hard to pick out just one thing that you loved.  I love all of it.  I bought in the past a pair of Christmas trees made from different colors and sizes of glass.  They are beautiful and when they get dusty, a rinse in the sink will clean them right up.

The downside of the craft fair is the people.  LOTS of people.  People who bring children in strollers, which makes me wonder why they do that.  People who bring Fido along, again I ask why.  Getting through the buildings takes a lot of patience, as well as practice.  When I go, I carry a small shopping bag (just in case) and a small purse.  No need to drag around a heavy purse which is burdened with things you know you're not going to need.

For those of you who care, today is National Fast Food Day!  I'm always up for a ride through McDonald's!

P



 Image result for pictures of arts and crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...