Monday, November 23, 2015

Shopping for Thanksgiving

11/23/2015

Yesterday, after we took Benjamin home, we decided to be brave and shop in stores on a weekend.  I can tell you it's much easier to shop during the week, when most people are at work.  But, every now and then you don't have a choice.

Before shopping, we went to the cafe at the airport.  The food is not fancy but very good.  The waitress was telling us that she takes a Turmeric pill every day for arthritis.  And, she has noticed an improvement.  I'm always on board for anything that might help "Arthur" who lives in my left hip.

Moving around in Costco wasn't much of a problem.  There were plenty of customers, but not so many that you couldn't maneuver around.  We needed a few food staples, like milk.  And, of course there were the things that we bought that we didn't particularly need.  There was a man handing out samples of very crisp chocolate chip cookies - and they were very good - and we bought a box.  I also have a new pair of plush gloves as well as a reversible fleece wrap.  Oh, and we bought a bottle of Turmeric.  Who knows maybe it'll work because it really does work or it will work because I believe it will!

After Costco, WalMart is always next on the agenda.  Unlike the moving around ability of Costco, WalMart was more like a shark feeding frenzy.  People were everywhere and it amazes me how they can just park their cart in the middle of an aisle and feel no compulsion to move it off to the side.  I see women who leave their purses in their carts and walk away.  They don't walk too far, but I always fear that someone might snatch my purse, so I like to keep it near me.

We bought ourselves a small turkey, stuffing, the makings for gravy, cranberries and of course a pecan pie.  Now Jeff will not be able to eat too much of the pie, because after his bariatric (sp) surgery, his body doesn't handle sugar well.  I wish I had a similar problem, but my body loves sugar, and if I'm confessing loves sugar too much!

We picked up another Christmas present for Benjamin as well as needed food items.  Between now and Friday, and especially Friday, the stores will turn into madhouses.  Last year we actually went into Target on Black Friday.  We had no intention of buying anything, but the line to the cash registers was very long and most people were buying big televisions.  

After we got home, we snacked a bit while we watched our Sunday night shows.  Since Jeff gets up super early in the morning to go to work, we all turned in at 10:00.  

Today's mission is to put away Benjamin's toys and return his many DVDs to the shelf.   I put the toys away, but only put them in the dining room, which is never used.  

Brisk outside this morning but the sun is shining.  

P


Image result for pictures of frenzied shoppers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...