Sunday, November 29, 2015

One Pot Turkey Dinner

11/29/2015

Immediately after the Thanksgiving meal, everybody knows what to reheat for their next "tovers" meal.  Trouble is, unless you bought a pretty small bird, you have to come up with another way or ways to finish off the turkey.

As always, I decided to make a one pot turkey dish.  Jeff chopped up some leftover turkey into small pieces.  After putting the turkey in the pan, I added chopped celery, peas, a jar of turkey gravy, milk and a can of spicy tomatoes and chilies.  Once my creation was cooked, I topped off the dish with grated cheese and onion ring.  Served over some brown rice, it was delicious. Ta da!

After I was through making my one pot wonder, Jeff put the carcass in a pan to boil.  He removed the bones and pulled off the meat so that he can make soup. Jeff likes soup a lot more than I do, but to be fair, he makes really good soup.  Of course, he always insists on adding mushrooms (ick), but I have become a master at picking them out of my bowl.

Yesterday, Jeff blew all the leaves in the yard into the street so that the HOA's landscaper guys can pick them up next week.  Of course, it also rained last night, so more leaves are down.  I was hoping that Jeff's efforts last night would be our last hurrah, so to speak, for picking up leaves.  

Today's weather is definitely a downer day.  It's raining a bit and the sky is gray.  A good day to stay inside.  Good thing that I have a number of Hallmark mushy Christmas movies that I can watch!

Hope you have a good day.  Oh, according to the list of barely noticed holidays, today is throw out your leftovers day!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...