Thursday, November 19, 2015

Filing a Claim

11/19/2015

I have spent an hour this morning trying to figure out how to submit a claim to Medicare for reimbursement.  I must say that I didn't sit on hold with Medicare very long and the person I was speaking to was helpful.

I have also been told by AARP that my supplemental insurance won't "kick in" until Medicare has received the bill.  Once you know the steps, find the form, complete it, copy it and mail it in once, then you'll be a pro at doing so in the future.

There is a company that will submit your claim to Medicare, and a whole bunch of other things for only $19.99 a month.  How generous.  Or you could pay for a yearly subscription.  Not hardly.  

I again say and truly believe that getting old is not for the faint of heart!  You call this company, and then the next one.  You wait on hold, you talk to someone who only wants to get you off the phone and transfer you to somebody, anybody.

It's also a good thing I'm retired, because getting all the required information from Medicare and AARP takes time.  Time that if I was working, I wouldn't have.  So maybe there's some good about being retired, 'cause we ain't in it for the money!

It's a wet Thursday and while it's not cold outside, the gray sky looks like winter.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...