Monday, November 9, 2015

Being on Hold

11/9/2015

This morning I have been tasked to call Jeff's health care spending account company and ask why so many of the claims we submitted have been denied.  Because I figured that my call might (more likely would) take some time, I made sure that my coffee cup was full and my bladder was empty!

Initially, I sat through a lot of nice music for what seemed like a very long time.  Finally, a human came on the line - success.  Ah, but it was short lived.  The only thing she was able to tell me was that they would only cover expenses from January 1st through March 31st.

I, of course asked why.  She was clueless.  Let me send you over to customer service.  That was an hour ago and I'm continuing to listen to nice music.  I fear that if I hang up I'll be put at the back of the queue, and I could be waiting until Tuesday for a human.

There was a time, and it was long ago, when you called a company, you actually could speak to a person without waiting for an hour - or more.   

I, in the course of only 2.5 hours, managed to figure out how to order refills through Medicare Part D, and sent a refill request to my doctor.  Plus, because that wasn't enough, I also fixed the errors I made when ordering the 4A Computing Christmas cards and labels.  

Jeff has assured me that going forward, we will stick to my Medicare coverage and supplemental insurance through AARP.  A person could age a year trying to figure out or detangle your old and new insurance coverage.   

Since I have finished my secretarial work for the day, it's time for me to get out of the chair, get dressed and start my day!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...