Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Server Was Down!

11/5/2015

I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen to many, or any, of you, but we have a server in the basement.  Doesn't everyone?  When the server is down, you can't receive or send emails, surf your favorite haunts (Amazon) and Facebook.

I don't think anyone can really appreciate the lonely feeling that comes over you, when you realize that you're "screaming" but nobody can hear!  Each morning while I wait for my coffee, I come to the computer and check for incoming emails, which are mostly spam.  This morning when I woke my computer up, there were no incoming emails and I couldn't search for anything.  

Some people, most of you probably, would feel strange without your cellphone.  Me not so much?  I did charge it this morning so that I could call Jeff and tell him that I couldn't use the computer and that the land line telephone, and yes we still have one, didn't have a dial tone.

Happy to say that the computer guys in my life, quickly recognized the problem and Mom is happy again.  I'm fully connected to everything and everybody.  While I don't like talking on the phone, I do love checking out Facebook for updates on friends.  And, of course, I use Facebook's jigsaw program (I guess that's what you could call it) to continue to work my brain.  I'd love to tell you that I'm making progress in that direction, but I don't believe I am.  I forget as much now as I did a year ago!

Oh you are going to love National What Day ladies:

  •  National Doughnut Day
  •  National Men Make Dinner Day (must cook, no BBQ allowed!)
P

1 comment:

  1. To be correct, the server was NOT down, simply a connectivity problem - preventing access to the outside world. All has been made "right" - and life continues

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...