Sunday, November 1, 2015

It's November

11/1/2015

Yikes, it's November already.  Where did the year go?  Were we having so much fun that we didn't notice the months slipping away?  Oh and did you remember to set your clocks back an hour?  If you haven't, be sure to do so before tomorrow morning, or you might be late for work.

For some of us, November signals the start of buying Christmas cards, and making lists of what to buy for whom.  I'm one of those people, who doesn't let Christmas sneak up on me.  I shop early, mostly on line, and don't put off what needs to be done.

For help with buying something for me, I started a wishlist on Amazon, because people tell me I'm too hard to buy for.  Since I pretty much like everything, I don't see how hard it is to buy me a gift.

Jeff was nice enough last night to hop up and answer the door.  Since we live at the top of a hill, we don't get as many children as other streets do.  So, we have some candy leftover.  But, we did buy candy that we liked - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!  I'll put the candy in the freezer so it's not quite so tempting as having it sit on the counter.  I've never eaten chocolate that I didn't like - unfortunately.

Jeff blew all of our leaves into a pile yesterday and I was the pick-up man.  I wasn't picking up the leaves too long, before our next door neighbor came over to help.  Things went a lot faster with his help.  In fact, I stopped picking up and left the manual work to Jeff and our neighbor.

By the way, in case you're wondering, there are 54 days until Christmas.  

Today is:

 Give Up Your Shoulds Day
National Author's Day
Zero Tasking Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...