Friday, June 24, 2016

A Day with Stacey and Benjamin

6/24/2016

Yesterday, Stacey and Benjamin came to the house so we could go and watch the movie "Finding Dory".  I brought a little bag of snack popcorn and water, so I didn't need to go to the concession stand.  The ticket price for a 3D movie is $7.00, but well worth it when the movie starts.  There were a couple of times that Benjamin and I both jumped, because it looked the animal was going to land up in our laps!

I loved the movie "Finding Nemo" and was excited about seeing the Dory movie.  Unfortunately, it seemed as if most of the movie was filmed in either gray or black.  I was disappointed that the underwater scenes didn't show more color.  Having the coral be colored - well coral - would have been wonderful.   The movie was good and Ellen did a wonderful job being the voice of Dory.

During the previews, Benjamin saw several movies that will come out later this summer that he swears he must see!  I'll have to get a transfusion from Pop-Pop before I can go to another movie!!

Benjamin brought down our plastic container of foam blocks.  He was quick about building a little city and brought down the plastic animals that he uses in the bathtub.  If you haven't seen these blocks, they are amazing.  They come in bright colors and different shapes, and the best part is that they don't damage coffee tables when they fall down.  Definitely a plus.

Tomorrow the repairman is coming to look at our microwave.  Today, I will take out the spices that we've been storing in the microwave.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the microwave can be fixed.  If not, then I guess I'll continue to use the counter microwave that we took out of the battery warehouse.  I'm glad that Jeff will be home so they can talk man-to-man about all things electronic.

It's Friday so that means I don't cook.  It's "Two Tacos Friday".  It would sound better if it were "Two Tacos Tuesday", but if we had take-out tacos on Tuesday, then Jeff would have nothing to take in his lunch the next day.

P

Image result for picture of tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...