Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Fingers Crossed!

6/28/2016

Obviously, I can't keep my fingers crossed if I'm going to type.  And, if I don't type, then you guys won't have anything to read!

Yesterday, we submitted an application to adopt a young female terrier who is black and white.  A really cute puppy.  If the rescue organization accepts our application, I'm hoping that we'll be able to pick her up tonight.  That's where the fingers crossed thing comes in to play.

I tell Jeff that I'm getting a puppy for Maggie, who seems so lonely now that Sam is gone.  The truth is, there is a huge hole in my heart that misses Sam very much.  I know in time that missing Sam will ease.  But, after 7 years with a little dog, I want/need a new little dog.  There was also a 2 year old terrier that needed to be adopted, but Jeff reminded me that if we get a puppy then there are no bad learned behaviors.  If we get the puppy, then Jeff and I will be able to train her and make sure she is a well behaved dog.

Ultimately, I would like to have the puppy as a companion dog.  Basically, a service dog but not to help me walk or stand; but, to help ease my anxieties.  Petting a dog is one way to calm yourself, and I know Jeff would agree that I could benefit by being calm!

Off to see my psychiatrist this morning, and I have so many things, all positive (yeah) to share with her.

On Friday, Jeff and I are going to see the children's play Peter Pan.  Benjamin was trying out for the part of Peter Pan, but even if he's not the lead actor, I know he'll be great doing whatever part he gets.

Time to run.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...