Monday, June 6, 2016

Still Here

6/6/2016

You may have noticed my absence on Saturday and Sunday.  Hey, a girl sometimes need to take a day off now and then.  But, it's Monday and a working day for most of you, so I'm sitting down to do my first task of the day.  Actually, my first task is coffee and a bagel or toast.  Not a well rounded breakfast, but one I've been eating for most of my adult life.

We went to Andy's house on Saturday.  Jeff was helping Andy with electrical stuff for his new backyard project.  I knew that it would be a long day, so I packed dinner.  I had hamburgers, pasta shells with cheese, peas and strawberries and pound cake for dessert.  I also announced, as I did when the boys lived at home, when it was time for dinner.

Sunday was a day off for Jeff.  He worked in his office a bit and later sat/laid on/in his recliner and watched the television show Alaska State Troopers.  It's obviously a scripted show but entertaining and if you happen to doze off, you haven't missed much.

Today, I have left some things on the porch for Purple Heart.  Benjamin still had a Little Tykes desk at our house.  The last time he was here I asked him if it would be okay to give the desk away, since he has outgrown the desk and never plays with it anymore.  He agreed because I explained to him that there was a little boy or girl out there, whose parents couldn't afford such a nice desk.

Bit by bit, Benjamin's outgrowing some of the toys I have here in the house.  There are some things that I will probably keep until he gets married!  One thing is foam blocks.  I found them somewhere and they are all tucked into a very, very large plastic container.  What makes these blocks so special is the various shapes and sizes and the fact that they are made from a very dense foam.  Forts built on my coffee table - no problem.  His wooden blocks on my coffee table is a completely different story!

I am a sentimental woman and keep a lot of things.  My cedar chest is almost to full capacity and filled with so many memories.  Some memories are better than others.  But regardless whether the memories are happy or sad, they are mine.

I didn't do a very good job of documenting the things that the boys made.  Probably because I was too busy being a working mom.  But I have been very diligent about the things that Benjamin has made.  I even have his baby croc shoes that are only about 3 or 4 inches long.  Why would I want to toss them out?  

I am aware that there may (will) come a day when I won't be able to take everything I own with me.  And when that day comes it will be a sad one.  I will be a reluctant "let goer" person.  But for now, I'll keep saving and storing!

P

 Image result for picture of items in an open cedar chest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...