Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Another Day at the Office - I mean House!

6/7/2016

It's a warm and mildly humid day.  My agenda is to do laundry (yawn) and try and pick up the loose dog hair on the floors!  I swear it would be easier to dust/vacuum Maggie than to try and keep up with the rolling dog hairs on the floor.  I don't have dust bunnies, I have dog bunnies!

Yesterday, I took myself off to Lowe's.  I love going to the store during the week when most folks are at work.  There were some young mothers, but mostly older folks like myself.  Parking isn't a problem and negotiating through the aisles is easier too.  

Went out to the garden center and you just have to stare at all the wonderful plants, shrubs and trees there.  I stay away from annuals, because once I've made a hole and put a plant in there, I don't want to have to do that all over the next year.  Nope, only perennial plants for me.  

I wanted to look at area rugs, but completely forgot to go to the carpet section.  I need a larger rug by the front door and I keep reminding and forgetting to buy one.   Mister Sam lately has started to make his messes (p&p) in the house.  A sign of old age I guess.  I can't get to the spots fast enough.  

I am going to try and get out in the yard and pull out some weeds.  It will be a short stint though, as my body just doesn't like to get down on the ground.  Actually, I can get down pretty well, but the getting up is a laughable act to watch.  Of course I have a theory that since weeds are green, and they do cover the ground, maybe there's no reason to pull them up.  Besides they just keep coming back!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...