Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Day After and the Day Before

6/18/2016

There wasn't a blog yesterday, because Jeff and I had to arrive at the hospital very early for a minor procedure for Jeff's heart.  As Jeff always tells me whenever I am having surgery, it "won't hurt me a bit"!!  The procedure was quick and successful and we were on our way home in what seemed like no time at all.

I drove on the way home.  I would describe my driving as "plodding".  I don't see any reason to change lanes just to get ahead of the car in front of you.  I stay in the far right lane, but absolutely keep my speed up and beyond what is allowed.  I see no reason to be in the far left lane, especially when you know that eventually you're going to have to veer off to the right.  Maybe this is a woman thing, or more likely, it's a "me" thing.  Either way I got us home.

In the afternoon, Jeff took a nap in the recliner.  Sometimes I think that he actually sleeps better in the recliner than in bed (other than that nasty old sleep apnea thing).  The landlord of the warehouse that we have been paying for since 2011 (I think that's right) called us to say that he might have a tenant that wants our space.  Our lease finally ends on September 30th.  Thanks to Kenny for dumping the business on us as well as leaving us with three years left on the lease.  We're absolutely thrilled to hear that we might be able to be rid of the warehouse prior to September.

After the visit with the landlord, we went to the post office and credit union.  We stopped at McDonald's so that I could get my quarter pounder fix.  Jeff opted to go to Taco Bell for his dinner.  A night off from cooking is always welcome.

Tomorrow is Father's Day which will likely be celebrated in much the same way as Mother's Day was.  Jeff says it's a Hallmark holiday and to some degree he's right.  People will scramble today to get the right card and/or the right useful/useless tool/gadget for their Dad.

I don't know what Jeff's plans are for the weekend.  If he's going to be home, there's a steak in the freezer that would be yummy for dinner tomorrow night.

It's warm today but the humidity is low, so we've opened up the house.  I think tomorrow the humidity is going to be higher, which means turning the a/c units back on.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...