Monday, June 27, 2016

Found Money!

6/27/2016

Thanks to some kind of class action settlement with Apple, Kindle owners received gift certificates, I guess you could call them that, for use on Amazon.  Amazon is my go to site for just about everything.  And extra free bucks is akin to losing five pounds (don't I wish)!!

Though it would be easy to boar through this found source of income, I'm trying to pace myself.  Order a new Kindle book that isn't listed on the "Kindle Unlimited" page.  After all, it's not every day that I get "free" money that is mine alone to spend.  

I have started looking through my "books to read" binder to see what books I might like to order.  I'm a bit anal about reading and it makes good sense to me to have a three ring binder with pages and pages of book lists from magazines and/or friends.

My jambalaya yesterday was a hit, though Jeff did think it could have had more shrimp.  I also made a cherry pie.  I was going to make a coconut cream pie but discovered that I didn't have any cornstarch.  I mean who thinks very much about cornstarch.  You use it seldom, so it's quite easy to find yourself staring into an empty box!  

I'm hoping that today I will receive an email or phone call from the two rescue organizations that each have a puppy I'm interested in.  My goal is to train the puppy and eventually make her a companion (service) dog for me.  My anxiety level can go up quickly, and it would be very nice to have a dog to pet.

Have a great Monday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...