Saturday, June 25, 2016

It's Saturday and the Repairman Cometh!

6/25/2016

It's going to be a warm and slightly humid day.  So glad we put in the new a/c unit last summer.  This afternoon with a time of arrival between 1:00 and 5:00 (couldn't get a tighter time frame?), the Sears man is coming to look at our microwave.

Yesterday, I took all the spices out of the microwave where we've been storing them since 2013.  I'm hoping that the microwave can be fixed, because I miss using it.  I have the little microwave on the counter, but I want my counter back.

Maggie seems so lonely now that Sam is gone.  While I'm loving the clean basement and throw pillows that don't get pushed off the side, I know it's time to find a new dog.  A female dog.  So over having a male dog in my house.  I want a young dog, so that Maggie has somebody to play with.  I feel bad when I go to the rescue sites and see a lot of senior dogs that nobody is likely to ever adopt.  While we could certainly take in a senior dog, Maggie is already 11 and I don't want another old dog in the house.

If we get a young dog or even a puppy, the puppy will project new life into Maggie.  We miss Sam for all the good qualities he had and would like to get another small terrier if we can find one.  If you go to the humane society's website, big dogs such as pitbulls are readily available.  Little dogs, not so much.

I've even given thought to getting a lab puppy, but I'm not really sure I'm ready for two big dogs.  I know that all puppies are cute and then they grow.  So if we got a lab puppy now, eventually it would grow up to be as big as Maggie.  And, the dog hair from two labs would be challenging to keep picked up!

P

Image result for picture of puppies
Image result for picture of puppies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...