Thursday, June 9, 2016

My Green Thumb and my Aching Bum!

6/9/2016

Yesterday, I went to the backyard loaded with my gardening tools, two plants and a towel to use to kneel on.  Oh, and a chair beside all this paraphernalia to help me get back on my feet after I was through digging.

I didn't use a shovel because it's heavy and I do better with a little trowel and my hands (gloves on of course) to move the dirt around.  I did manage with some effort to get my new Clematis plants in the ground.  I took some of the vines and put them up on to the trellis that I had also, with effort, managed to push into the dirt.  Keeping my fingers crossed that my little plants will survive.

Because of the nice weather today, I will probably return to the yard and do some poking (i.e., weeding) until my body is tired, which shouldn't take too long!  I know this will come as a shock to some of you, but I'm not as young as I used to be.  And, to make matters worse, my body is really, really not flexible at all.  So I'll do a little today and a bit more tomorrow, provided that the temperature continues to be more on the cool side.  Higher temperatures are coming this weekend with more humidity.  Since I, like all women I know, "glow" (we absolutely don't sweat) when it's hot, I'll not be going out to play in the dirt when it's super hot.

The area around "Jenny" (the generator) needs a bit of tidying - dead leaves, etc.  I will take my broom out this morning and tackle that little project and then come inside to shower and rest. There are some things that need doing in the house, and maybe I'll tackle one or two of those.  Or not as the case may be!  You know what they say "a woman's work is never done"!!

P

Image result for picture of yard tools




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...