Wednesday, June 8, 2016

It's a Beautiful Day!

6/8/2016

After several days of higher temperatures as well as humidity, today is simply almost to perfect to describe.  We turned off the air conditioners last night, and this morning it's cooler with a breeze that is blowing the curtains in the living room all around.

I'm going to get outdoors and maybe pull up a weed or two.  I also have two clematis plants that need to go in the ground.  Digging a hole is a lot of work for me, so I'll dig a little, rest a little and so forth.  

After months of waiting, our electric company has blessed our solar installation and we are now finally able to "hit the switch" and because it's sunny, hopefully watch our electric meter move backwards.  I think Jeff and I have our doubts about this, but the entire back of our house gets the afternoon sun, so it's possible and we hope probable that the solar panels will help us keep our electric bill lower.  

We went to WalMart last night after dinner to get a few things.  One of the problems with shopping at WalMart is the crying/screaming children.  Now that the boys are grown, and our house is quiet, I react when I hear children crying.  It's a fact of life.  My boys cried and so did yours, but for some reason it makes me sad now.  After getting the few things that Jeff needed for his lunches, we stopped at McDonald's for ice cream cones.  Yumm.

I'm keeping my eye on Mister Sam.  He seems to be losing control over his bladder as there are more spots on the carpet each day.  I scrub at the spots, but already know when Mister Sam is no longer with us, a professional carpet cleaner is in my future.  Because of his age I give him a pass on not always being able to get outside.

P


Image result for picture of windy day





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...