Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Day After The Day Before

6/23/2016

Yesterday afternoon, Stacey, Benjamin and I left for a warehouse book sale only for school teachers or home school teachers.  The weather was lovely and Jeff left us the convertible for the day - glorious fun.  Hair blowing all over your face and cobwebs in your head being freed.

Before beginning our journey, a trip to McDonald's was in order so that lunch of one kind or another could be eaten while driving.  I opted for the most nutritious meal: milkshake (small) and french fries. 

Once we arrived at the warehouse, it was clear that the people didn't care who or what you were, just bring your credit cards and fill up those carts.  I had been under the assumption that the only books for sale would be school books.  I was wrong.  I have trouble reading the print from a normal book, but bought one anyway because I like the author.

As we pushed the cart along the rows of books, several of the books that Benjamin wanted ended up in my part of the cart, and I was okay with that.  I bought him a "dinosaur dig" kit that comes complete with "fossils" and the tools necessary to free the fossils.  

There was an option to take a box and anything that could fit inside would only cost $24.00.  My problem was that I knew I wasn't going to buy nearly enough to fill a box, so I opted to pick and choose books.

The warehouse had a concrete floor, obviously, and standing/walking on concrete was hard on this old body.  Luckily, I found a chair and sat and waited for Stacey to finish shopping.  Originally, we were going to see the movie "Dory" but by the time we got home, it was too late.

Benjamin decided to stay the night and Stacey is coming this morning and we are going to see Dory in 3D, which should be fun.  I have small bags of already popped popcorn and I'm going to bring a few for snacking.  The price of popcorn, which tastes great, is pretty expensive.  The price of admission alone is high enough.  And yes, you can tell by that statement that I'm old.  Old enough to know when a dollar or two bought tickets as well as popcorn and a soda!  Good times.

Today is gloomy and the forecast calls for rain.  Glad that we didn't opt to take the convertible today!  While you obviously can put the top up, it somehow ruins the ride for me.  Convertibles are meant to be driven, 90% of the time, with the top down.

Happy Thursday everybody!

P

 Image result for picture of women riding in a convertible


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...