Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Repairman Goeth!

6/26/2016

The repairman came yesterday to look at the microwave.  I was initially concerned when he said he was here to fix the dishwasher.  Yikes!  However, when he realized that it was the microwave that needed attention, he diagnosed the problem in minutes.  He will be back out on July 9th to put in the needed part, and I should be good to go.

I spent a lot of time yesterday looking for a new dog.  While I don't miss the potty business in the basement, I really do miss him.  I started looking at rescue organizations and it's truly sad to see how many dogs need homes.  The most common dog needing a home is the pit bull and there are more males to adopt than females.

I have found two medium-sized dogs that I've submitted applications for.  They are both a terrier mix and young females.  Now, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens to my applications that I sent in for Dixie and Sadie!  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

I could, of course, rescue a lab, and they are awfully cute, and then they grow up to be big dogs.  I tell myself that Maggie is lonely, and I'm pretty sure she is.  So, I'm getting a new dog as company for us as well as Maggie.

I went to make a coconut cream pie, but discovered that my very old can of cornstarch was nearly empty.  Switched gears and made a cherry pie instead.  

This afternoon I am going to make jambalaya for dinner.  It's a pretty easy recipe, makes lots and will be great as 'tovers' in Jeff's lunch tomorrow!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...