Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Out and About Today

6/22/2016

This morning Stacey and Benjamin are coming to the house.  The three of us are going to a book sale for teachers and home school parents.  I suppose it might be a crowded event, but I'm not there to shop, just browse.  And, I do browse well - just ask Amazon!

Jeff has left the convertible for us to use today.  Yesterday's weather was humid and in the afternoon, the heavens opened up and rained, no actually it poured.  I'm a little concerned about my new plants and hope that they'll survive.  I had this same thought last year when I planted a number of plants and watered and babied them all summer.  Since I only plant perennials, I don't have to play in the dirt each year.  Digging a hole is hard on this old bod!

I told Jeff that I wasn't sure what time we'd be home, because I'm hoping to go to see the movie "Finding Dory" after the book sale.  I absolutely love going to the movies, but of course, really hate how high the prices are.  My first date with Jeff was dinner and a movie.  I don't remember what the cost of a ticket was in 1974, but I'm imagining that even buying dinner that night, probably doesn't add up to today's prices.  You have to pay for the ticket and it's almost a sin if you don't get popcorn and if you get popcorn, you have to have a soda.  Can you hear the sound of ching ching at the cash register?

I'm really looking forward to going out today.  Most days, I just stay home.  Where exactly should I go?  To the store?  Mind you, I love shopping, but online is so much easier and thanks to next day shipping, almost instant gratification.

I made chicken tetrazinne (I know that is a blotched spelling) yesterday.  The recipe requires using the largest baking dish that I own and there is more than enough leftover from yesterday, to have for dinner tonight.  

In case you're interested today is: National HVAC technician day, but more importantly it's chocolate eclair day!

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...