Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It's Tuesday - What Else Can I Say?

6/21/2016

When I look at the calendar on my desk, it somehow surprises me that the month of June is nearly over.  How did that happen?  It's hot today, 80 degrees when I woke up - thank goodness for air conditioning.  We all know that women don't sweat, they merely glow.  I am a woman who doesn't want to sweat or glow.  

I think summer is my least favorite season.  It's muggy and you stick to leather seats, which make a most unflattering sucking noise when you get up!  When your car has been out in the sun all day, a steering wheel can be uncomfortably hot.  When the boys were young, so many years ago, and car seats had metal latches, I would put a towel over the car seats in an attempt, a poor one I admit, to keep the metal cooler.  Trust me it didn't work very well, but at least I was trying.

We had a new a/c unit installed last summer.  It's bigger and much more efficient than the old one, so the unit doesn't run all the time during the day.  It turns off occasionally, which helps with the bottom line of paying for electricity.

I've spent several days recently in the basement cleaning up after Sam.  I had put down several rugs and plastic runners in an attempt to keep Sam from using the basement floor as his personal bathroom.  I wasn't very successful.  Sam was crated for much of his earlier life and he was trained (I suppose) to use concrete to do his business.  We have a doggy door and Sam would go out every morning, but more times than not, he would come back and make a "donation" to the plastic runners.  This part of Sam I absolutely do not miss.  I have bleached and scrubbed Sam's various favorite places and thrown out the rugs and hosed down the runners.  With the exception of some dog hair (thanks Maggie) blowing around in the basement, everything else has been scrubbed clean and looks great.  I know that Sam was 7 when we got him and he was neutered late in life, but Jeff and I are off male dogs now.

I'm going to go outside later and water my new plants.  When you put down new plants, the first year is critical.  I was happy to see that the plants I put in the ground last year, have for the most part, survived.  Or parts of a plant have survived.

I'll probably spend some time in the "office", where Jeff processes paperwork, bills and the like.  I made an agreement with him some 41 years ago, that I would do the filing.  Back then there wasn't much filing to do, but now there's definitely more paper!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...