Saturday, October 13, 2018

Fireplace Weather?

10/13/2018

Just a short bit ago, we had both air conditioners working 24/7. I like having the a/c on, because I have this policy: no sticking to leather. I feel this way because let's face it, when it's hot and you try to get up, there is sometimes a sucking sound. Not pretty or ladylike!

When I got up yesterday, the temperature outside was 51. Cooler weather is in the forecast. I opened up some windows to refresh the air in the house.

Today, will also be cool, so I'm going to have to go through my clothes to find pants. Pretty sure it's time to put away sleeveless tops and/or shorts. I'll probably keep my capris out, simply because since I'm short, they can almost pass for long(er) pants. 
I have two boxes (I guess I can call them that), that will fit under the bed. When they arrive, I'll be putting my summer stuff inside, and storing sandals, flip flops, etc.

Because I can't bend down to tie shoes, I only buy walking (think tennis) shoes that have velcro straps. Yesterday, I took my brand new velcro shoes, and they no longer fit. Correction, they no longer fit my right foot. Whatever went wrong a year (I think it's been a year, but I could be wrong), the size of my right foot is now wider. I have always had very narrow feet, so I'm now rather appalled that I have wider feet. My mother's philosophy when it came to going barefoot was, that if I went barefoot, my feet would get wider. Up until recently, going barefoot, which I don't do often, has not made my foot "fatter". Sorry Jeffrey but I had to buy new shoes to accommodate my fat foot. I can't wear Birkenstocks all year long.

Last night, the girls and I watched some crappy television and dinner was a waffle. Perhaps tonight's dinner will be cereal. Healthy? Not so much, but tasty.

I already know, from past experience, that if I get the green light for baratric (sp?) surgery, that I will have to lose some weight. Unfortunately for me, walking makes the "itis" in my left hip act up. So, there's excuse number one. Oh, and I could add other body problems to add to the "I can't exercise list". If Jeff and I went to a swimming pool, it would be a win-win for both of us. I don't swim and am actually afraid of water. So, I'd be in the shallow end basically just walking back and forth. When I'm in the water, I have no pain. Jeff, on the other hand, can swim. I will have to show that I have made an effort to lose weight.

It's a very sunny day outside. I may take my rollator outside, and park my fanny in the sun. And heaven knows, I need more age spots on my hands. Maybe I should wear mittens!

Stacey and Benjamin are coming to the house on Monday. Stacey and I have one quick errand, but Jeff should be home, so Benjamin can stay with him. And, time permitting, pick up some more leaves. Since our oak tree is no longer producing acorns, I actually feel bad for the squirrels. Their winter stash might be a little bleak this year.

Time for me to go and get some things done. What those things are, I haven't decided. Maybe some, maybe none. It's a toss up.

P

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...