Friday, October 19, 2018

I'm Late

10/19/2018

Those of you who read my blog first thing in the morning, have noticed that I didn't blog yet today. My excuse? Really a lack of sleep.

I thought that I had taken my evening cocktail of pills, but I was wrong. So, if you doubt that this pill or that one are working, just try to go without them.

Wide away at 3:00 this morning, and my head was busy, I decided to come downstairs to "clear" my head. Headed to the den. Fireplace on? Check. TV remote in hand? Check. While I was sitting in my chair, with a whirlwind of random thoughts going through my head, I noticed a paper cup with pills inside. Yep. I'd forgotten to take my evening pills, which makes this old woman sleepy. I took the pills, and within 30 minutes or so, staggered up the stairs, climbed into bed and was making "z's" in record time. I'll never make that particular mistake again!

The dog trainer came out yesterday to discuss and address some behavior problems we were having with the girls. Dog trainers, like other kinds of trainers, are really training the humans! She stayed about an hour, and told us what we actually knew. We have to claim our space and be the pack leader. Reward Daisy when she goes outside to potty. Other than having to go up and down the stairs, which I try to avoid at all cost, sounds somewhat easy. Our goal in this case, is to get Daisy to actually go outside to do her business. Not the floor of the basement.

She gave us tips to help us with Bella as well. To be sure the trainer made everything seem easy and Bella was a good student yesterday. Daisy hardly made an appearance, so next time, and yes there will be a next time, to try and help work through her anxiety. Our homework is following through with what she showed us yesterday. Following through with her instructions will require us to work with the dogs to help them understand that they are at the bottom of the food chain! Literally and actually. It's Jeff who most of the time feeds the girls in the morning. 

We have a dog treat that the girls get for doing something good - like coming when they are called. The treat is tasty, at least as far as the girls are concerned, and can be used as a "carrot" to help in training. Jeff took the girls out last night before going to bed, and both girls earned their reward for doing what they were supposed to do. It's now daytime (duh) and it will be up to me to follow the girls outside and wait for success. After that, a reward. I think if I spend time going up and down the stairs, which is a bit difficult for me, that I should get a reward too!

Birthday party/dinner tomorrow night for Elly's birthday. Wendy and Stacey have done all the planning, which is wonderful. Jeff and I are supposed to bring hamburgers - how easy is that? After years, being married to Jackie, it's now pure pleasure for both of us to see him happy. 

Well there you have it. After I do a bit of chores, I'm heading to the chair for a much needed nap. And as long as I'm in the chair, so is Daisy.

Happy Friday everybody.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...