Monday, October 8, 2018

Monday Again

10/8/2018

You may have noticed, that I didn't post yesterday. I had nothing much to write about, so I gave myself a day off.

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff took Bella and I for a ride in his car. When I ride in Jeff's car, I always carry a comb. With the top and all the windows rolled down, your hair does get a bit "messy". But for the head clearing aspect of his car, a little mess is worth it.

And, yes if you're wondering, I rode around in one of those stupid carts.  Absolutely hate them, but you've heard all of that before. So no need for me to whine about it again.

Both the trip to Costco and WalMart were pretty quick. Jeff will be going out of town on Thursday, so I'll likely have cereal for dinner! Why not?

Going to see the oral surgeon today, who has started my implant process. Currently, I have three holes in my mouth, that are in different stages. On the 18th, I will get my permanent "tooth" for the hole in front.  Eating corn on the cob has not even been a possibility for me. On the way home, we stopped at McDonald's so that Bella and I could share an ice cream cone. Bella gets a bit pushy about taking a break, so that I can actually have some ice cream too. And, she also really likes biting the cone, but she doesn't take "dainty" bites, nope she's in for the kill, so to speak.

Once home, a quick unpack of the cold stuff. Poor Daisy never gets to go anywhere, so when we do get back home, she is super, duper clingy. I had always wanted a lap dog, and Daisy certainly is. 

After driving, and sometimes crashing into something while riding on the stupid carts, my right shoulder was really sore by the time we left WalMart. I try to limit the use of pain pills, but absolutely needed one last night. 

Today, I ordered a shoulder brace for my shoulder. The sling that the doctor "gave" me does absolutely nothing for my shoulder. Truly a waste of time and Medicare's money. The brace will arrive in a few days, and I'm hoping that it will help reduce some of the pain I have when I use the shoulder - which is almost all the time!

And, to round off today's excursions, physical therapy tonight. I want to show the therapist that when I turn pages in a book/magazine, the pain in my shoulder really gets my attention, and not in a good way.

Jeff leaves on Thursday to go to Las Vegas for a few days. He'll have fun talking with the other pilots and the last time he was there, he went to Penn & Teller's show. I have no idea which show, if any, he might be seeing on this trip.

My day awaits. 

P   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...