Sunday, October 14, 2018

How You Know You're "Crazy"!

10/14/2018

How does one know when they are "crazy", not mentally ill crazy, perhaps the right word, should be "losing" it!

I experienced losing it yesterday. I was in the basement, and had dragged out the shop vac, so that I could vacuum (duh) the stairs. And, boy how they needed it. 

While I was using the vacuum, I began to talk to it! I know that sounds nuts, but I don't think I'm nuts, because I really wasn't expecting the vacuum to talk to me. See, I'm "sane".

While pulling the vacuum around to where I needed it to be, I started talking to it! Little things like: "come on, you can do this". Somehow, in my mind, (actually not really), I thought (again not really), that the vacuum would do a better job if it thought it was appreciated. I will admit that the vacuum moved along nicely as I kept mounting the stairs to clean. Perhaps, it knew that I was happy to get that chore done, and that it accomplished it with it's help. Even as I write this, I sound like I'm one short step from the loony bin. Truly, that isn't the case.

When I was at Target, I bought an enzymatic cleaner for the basement "puddles". I've tried just about everything, but nothing seems to work. I tried this new product at the bottom of the stairs. I sprayed that area, and went upstairs to wait for 30 minutes or so. By the time I went back down, the floor had turned white. This is progress people. Initially, Daisy wouldn't even come into the basement. But, once she did I closed the basement door. I don't want her stopping before she hits the doggy door. Last night, before bed, I took out a flashlight so that I could see when/if they (Daisy mostly) had done her business.

I'm going to stay on this today. Since Benjamin is coming, perhaps I can have him do dog patrol for me! Since Stacey and Benjamin are coming today, I won't have any need to talk to the vacuum!

Enjoy your day.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...